Current status: BETA
This means that the gameplay is more or less dialed in. However, more content is being added, as well as balancing and more bug fixes..
If you are interested in the development progress of Above the Fold, here are a few things you can do to keep up with it online.
- Visit the Community Hub on Steam for the most recent updates
- Like the Facebook page for Above the Fold, where screenshots and updates are posted regularly.
- Follow @theprint (not just game updates) or the #AboveTheFold hashtag on Twitter.
- Sign up for the email newsletter using the form on this website! The mailing list is reserved for recruiting playtesters and major announcements only (no spam, ever).
Each new update at this point, will focus on fleshing out the game. That means additional content, primarily in-game story lines and events that build on the characters in the game. It also means general improvements to the gameplay experience and game balance.
There will also be little details added here and there, like more sound effects, slightly upgraded graphics, and that sort of thing.
Above the Fold is in early access and the plan is to go to full release in Q2 of 2021.
Want to contribute?
Above the Fold is a one-man production with no budget so contributions are welcomed. Here are some ways you might be able to get involved.
- If you’re a streamer or let’s play gamer who’d like to show the game, send info on your channel.
- If you’re a reviewer, please get in touch and include some links to your previous reviews.
- If you’re an artist/composer/developer who loves the idea and want to contribute, send me a note.
- If you’re independently wealthy and want to put your cash into the game, definitely get in touch!